Thursday 28 January 2010

Cupcakes

Well so much for this blog helping me to write more often eh?

Quite a lot has happened since I last posted. The most important happening being full-time employment. I start my job on Tuesday which is pretty exciting, but I've already done a week of cover there and I LOVE it. The manager is about my age and she's great, really cool and interesting. Oh, and it's A CUPCAKE SHOP. I am making a living selling glittery cakes, awesome!!

The hours are long, but I really feel relaxed about money for the first time since I graduated. I thought about money constantly, I haven't been able to any of the things I wanted to do. I'm so excited about being able to buy a book, go to the cinema, get my tattoo guilt-free, put some money into getting the Girl Germs distro going. I'm not an extravagant person, but there are some things I just need to be able to do to stay sane and feel like a human being.

I had a very late birthday party on Saturday which was kickass. All of my fave people in the same room as each other for once. This included my wonderful sister Lizzie. Here's a picture of us (not taken at this particular party):




(I'm the black-haired one.) She stayed all on Sunday too which was unexpected and brilliant. We had a long chat in the morning about everything, really difficult stuff we've been through together. We both ended up in tears. I'm so lucky to have a sister like her.

And yesterday was Laura's birthday!! We went to the Prince Charles cinema to see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and then had a Pizza Hut dinner. I love hanging out with Laura and Dan, we inevitably end up geeking about bikes!!

Speaking of which, I'm starting to sand down and re-spray my bike tomorrow. I've always wanted a sky blue bike!! I'll post a picture when it's finished.

Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your bike, so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which cupcake shop? I shall be sure to come visit once I'm back in the UK. Any excuse for cake...

    ReplyDelete