Monday 4 January 2010

hello.

First blog posts are always really scary I think. It's like the first page of a school notebook. If you make a mistake on that clean page, you just want to throw it away and never look at it again. Oh well.

I have another blog called Swimsuit Issue where I post about feminist related stuff. I cross-post my articles for BitchBuzz there too. The only problem is, there isn't room for anything personal on there because it doesn't fit too well with the tone of everything else.

This blog is going to be more personal, with things about the club night I run with Laura, as well as other bits and bobs. Probably not very interesting for anybody that reads it, but I've felt a bit blocked up with ideas and ramblings recently.

Starting 'hey goo!! what's new?' was on my to-do list for 2010. I feel like my life has got a bit messy. I'm really poor because I only work one day a week after my last job went wrong. (My one day is in a dusty old bookshop though so it could be worse.) I haven't checked my bank balance in ages, I've got behind with articles I'm supposed to be working on and my flat is a mess. All things I have resolved to resolve this year!!

Other things I need to do this year:

*Make a new zine and get all of the many copies of my last one out somehow.
*Make Girl Germs the most amazing club night EVER. (It kind of is already)
*Learn to do more of the maintenance bits on my bike myself instead of relying on my boyfriend, Taki.
*Learn some bike tricks!! (I see plasters in my future.)
*Get the Girl Germs website and distro up and running.
*Do my part in making Ladyfest Ten the best Ladyfest there has ever been.
*Get my tattoo.
*Update my blogs regularly.
*Try to get paid for writing something.
*Make a success of the brilliant project I'm planning with Laura. (All will be revealed.)
*GET A JOB. Any job, for now.

So this is my first post in my new blog. And it wasn't too scary. I'm going to leave you with something inspirational from Fraeulein Zucker. I fully believe that is how every blog post should end.

2 comments:

  1. it's always a good way to start a blog. a new years to do list (i refuse to call them resolutions.)

    damn, i forgot to add getting my first tattoo finally to my new years wish list. how could i? then again, it's been on my wish list for about three years. fail.


    xx tukru

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is my first comment on my new blog. how exciting!!

    oo, what tattoo are you going to get? i think i have the design finalised, but i'm not sure where on my arm it should go yet.

    me and laura want to ask you something about girl germs, so you can probably expect an email from us soon. sorry to be cryptic!!

    x

    ReplyDelete