Tuesday 5 January 2010

so, today went wrong.

But it sure was fun.

I had a list of things to do today which included applying for a job and sorting out my online banking.

Instead, my friend Henry drove me and Taki up to Tour de Ville, a bike shop in London Fields. The owner has done a runner and the landlord is selling everything off cheaply. Except 'everything' was a weird bunch of junky old parts and lights so old that they don't even make the batteries for them anymore.

After drinking weak but posh tea at our friends' flat and driving around East London for what seemed like forever, we decided to head to Surrey Quays. Surrey Quays has to be one of the most depressing parts of inner London but it is good for two reasons: 1. It has cheap bowling, 2. Because it has a Decathlon where you can by cheap (but crappy) bike bits. I treated myself to a new back light, but the best thing about today is this:



It's a pink helmet, in the shape I love, with a rainbow on it. It now also has some Star Wars transfers and Class War stickers, one of which says 'Alternative energy? Burn The Rich!'. Nice.

So I've procrastinated again. The story of my life. My excuse this time is that I was being driven around, so I didn't have a choice.

What a crap excuse.

1 comment:

  1. Firstly, I went to Surrey Quays a little while ago for bowling an arcade fun. We're thinking of starting a (very informal) bowling club each month :Dx

    Secondly - helmet is amazing, an where on earth did you get that class war sticker from??

    ReplyDelete